Tuesday, July 3, 2007

All in the Family




Only a few people know that I have an intense love and fascination for genealogy! I dont know why, but I actually feel a rush when I discover a new family member. Then everything snowballs into discovering their children, and their childrens children, and so on and so forth...I was working on it the other night when I stumbled upon some names that I recognized..the snowball effect took place and I found myself transported back to France in the 1500's! These people actually lived! I can almost feel their presence when im studying their past. Its very exhilerating. Its also very frustrating, as I have been trying to locate my family on my grandfathers side (he has since passed away) and I cant seem to get passed his grandparents. I know where they have lived their whole lives and where they died yet its like they never existed to the state of North Carolina...no social security or census records can be found on them or their kin. I feel this is going to be a great challenge but i'm ready for it! Today I mailed off a letter to my great aunt Naomi in the hopes that she can help me, since she lives in Pitt County still even to this day, (this being the location of all of my dads family from birth to death.) Wish me luck! I will surely need it! By the way, if anyone is curious about your own personal family, I can help you find your roots! Its a passion of mine.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good luck! It sounds like great fun.

Melba Toast said...

I love that stuff as well. I love learning about relatives I never got to meet and definitely feel their presence when speaking about them. It's really cool to learn where you come from.