Thursday, July 26, 2007

BitterSweet


Yesterday as my mother and I were making some fresh loaves of wheat bread, I get a knock on my door by two little boys..their news both shocked and relieved me. Our dog, Emma, was roaming the neighborhood again after digging a monster sized hole and busting down an entire side panel of fence in our backyard. One of our neighbors got fed up with her roaming and dropped her off at the pound. I'm a little urked that she didnt come and tell me herself, but sent two little boys to do her dirty work..also that she knew I was home and didnt bother to just bring me back the dog. Jason and I had discussed taking Emma to the pound on several occassions because she just wasnt getting the attention she craved. She was Jasons dog since she was a puppy but after Skylar came along, he lost interest in the poor dog...Emma was lashing out and had destroyed our property. I know its not her fault, but we couldnt forsee taking her to a new house later on. It was only a matter of time before he came to grips with everything and took her himself. I'm glad she now has the opportunity to get washed up and adopted out to a good loving home with people who will treat her like a member of the family again. But i'm still a bit sad for her..My son hasnt had closure with it and still hunts for her in the garage and outside. Every truck that passes by the house makes him think they are coming back to return her. I'm not angry at the neighbor, but it would have been nice to have said good-bye.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I know you weren't fond of Emma, but I'd be PISSED! What gives her the right to take YOUR dog to the pound, no matter how you feel about her? I totally understand the relief, but still.

~Jeri Darling~ said...

It wasnt that I wasnt fond of emma..i just dont enjoy taking care of animals and she was jasons responisility..she was a great dog as far as sweetness goes. I dont quite understand why she would take her away without asking me if it was ok first tho...she could have at least asked what her name was!