
Once upon a time in a far away Deutschland (1984-86), there was stationed a young military couple. I have some of the best memories of childhood at this base nestled 10 miles from the pied piper city of Hameln (where kylee was born.) Last night I decided to google the small town to see what ever became of it. I understood that it was closed back in 1991. What I wasnt counting on, was finding this awesome picture of the base, coincidentally enough, shot back in 1986! I could have been sitting in my moms bowling alley (where she worked..often times blaring Born in the USA from the juke box and singing at the top of her lungs,) at the time it was shot..Or sitting in the school nestled just behind the trees off to the left of the base where our housing development also was.. The possibilities are endless! Im overwhelmed with nostalgia right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment