
All these years I've been sort of the outsider in my family. I've always been the "different" one. My sisters are very much the same in personality and interests, leaving us with a lot of head-butting. They love the same music (mostly boy bands and musicals), the same TV shows (mostly crappy reality TV or judge shows), have the same taste in most things (they are best friends pretty much), and are extreme girly girls (right down to their rainbow sherbet eye shadows!)They are also both blonds. I reside in the amazing brunette category! I don't watch TV, but if I do, its usually Top Gear, Spaced, AbFab, or Red Dwarf on BBC. I love classic rock, heavy metal, and some amazing hip hop. I love anything with an engine and often fantasize about riding motorcycles. I have a soft spot for airplanes. I used to attend Ren Fairs cuz I like to dress up. I'm a bit of a sci-fi nerd. I love to write and be as creative as possible. I'm addicted to the computer which my family doesn't understand. Dont get me wrong, I've always loved who I am..Ive just never understood where I stood genetically. My fathers side of the family lives across the county and we've never been particularly close. I never knew my aunts growing up. Recently my aunt Tina and I got in touch on Facebook. The more I find out about her the more my genetic coding makes sense! She and I are the most alike of all my relatives, and our facial features are eerily similar. (Yeah for round faces and big eyes!) She actually does ride a motorcycle! She cries looking at airplanes and how magnificent they are. She is on the computer as much as I am..maybe even more. Ha! She also dresses up, loves music, has been known to sport the bob haircut, cant get enough BBC, etc.. It would have been cool to have been around her more growing up, but then people would just say I was a copy-cat. Now I know its genetics that is responsible for my love of British TV, and dressing like a serving wench on the weekends.....Woot!
No comments:
Post a Comment