Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Then save my soul.......


The bishop paid me a visit last week, in an attempt to extend to me a calling in my church..what calling you ask? Relief Society Chorister! You must be wondering what all of the hullabaloo is about..well...i've never conducted a day in my life, I cant read music to save my soul, and I have the worst rhythm and timing of any person on the planet! I laughed at the bishop.There quite literally isnt a musical bone in my body. I'm so intimidated by standing infront of these women that you might as well ask me to be conductor of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, itself! I do, however, understand that these callings are meant to make us grow as people and to help us learn new and different things. I accepted the calling...WHAT WAS I THINKING???? Jason was downright ecstatic over this, since its totally his forte'.. but in my heart I still dreaded it...My suspicions about my abilities came to light last night as Jason, quite frustrated at me, could not teach me something apparently so simple. I also learned that I look like the whitest person EVER with a dash of special ed. hahahaha....wish me luck this sunday..and if you are intown, feel free to stop by Relief Society and watch my train wreck.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I think you'll be just fine! Most women never watch the chorister anyway, they just follow the pianist, so don't be too intimidated by the women in there. Besides, it's a group of loving and accepting women. What a great way to learn a new skill!