
Yesterday I had one of the most brilliantly educational days of my life! My class took a field trip to a nearby college so we could see Plastination, and what muscles looked like layer upon layer, using cadavers. I never thought in a million years I would be so happy to throw on some gloves and pull apart nerves, veins, tendons, ligaments, and muscles from the fascia of a corpse. It was AMAZING. The teachers in charge were very impressed with how many muscles we were familiar with, and could name at the drop of a hat just by looking at the bodies. I think we even shocked ourselves. To see how well each muscle laid neatly on top of the other and their various grains was awe inspiring. It was a true testimony to me that we are not mistakes on this earth and someone had to create us to be this perfect. I wont post all of my pictures of the plastination lab, even though they are AWESOME, because I know some people have week constitutions. I will, however, post pics of me and my very excited friends..haha. If you have the chance to learn about the human body, and take a tour of a Cadaver Lab, I highly recommend it..and thank the people who donated their bodies for our learning experience. Also if you have the chance to visit BODY WORKS at a nearby learning center or museum, (there is one going on in San Diego right now until October,) I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SEEING IT. You will be blown away.



No comments:
Post a Comment