
Journal 2007
Normally I am a sweatpants and ponytail type of stay-at-home mom..Not because I want to be, but because there is no time for myself to get pretty. Yesterday I was in a mood, and wanted to actually take some time for myself. I put the kids in their room (Eric being home sick that day and already on his bed), and went to the bathroom for some much needed 'me' time. As I curled my hair and globbed on as much make-up as I could, the kids were quiet in their room. I thought Eric had fallen asleep and Skylar was watching the Little Mermaid again. So I continued with my quest to be beautiful. When I was done, I went in to check on them.. And what do my wondering eyes appear? Jasons Star Wars, not-yet-opened collectibles, and two stealthy children that I could not hear. Boxes on the floor ripped to shreds..Vintage action figures strewn about all over the place. I was mortified! I felt sick to my stomach as I had to break the news to my husband, who had been collecting such items since childhood. It was not a good night. This is why I don't get pretty, in case you ever wonder. I cant give myself the time cuz my kids pounce on that moment like a tiger, and do everything they've ever been told not to. I just hope that they grow up to be normal, even tho mommy had a spatula on hand for spankins during most of their formative years. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment