Thursday, August 14, 2008

Washington trip!~


I just got back from spending two and a half weeks in washington and im freaking exhausted! The 18 hour drive itself wasnt bad at all. I love traveling so it didnt phase me much..Even with two kids in the backseat talking nonstop, and being accosted by swarms of leaping crickets during the nightly bathroom breaks at Britney Spears locations of choice...the gas stations. Viva la Roadtrips!

STAYIN WITH SARA- I got to stay with my yang sista, Sara and her familia. I had a BLAST. We chilled, jammed, and played my ever beloved Scattergories and Park and Shop. We watched Anchorman a few times and spent the entire week quoting it to death. We cruised in the Jetta to some funk with the windows rolled down and the bass bumpin. Hans came over so we could get some cool pics taken. The theme this time around was vintage mechanic girls..but I had a falling out with my ex so getting the cars I had inmind sorta fell thru. We went to the train yard instead. I desperately tried to make some overly elaborate memories..even attempting my hand at getting arrested. Sara was there to burst my bubble and real me back to reality. Sigh* Instead we went around Tacoma and took pictures of those who WERE getting arrested.



I thought my moment had finally come for some domestic violence back at Saras, as her brothers got into a fight, where they proceeded to beat each other unmercifully with shoes. Plans were foiled again as they wound up making up and ran to get lunch together..No cops were called, and no shoes were seriously harmed. Here are some pics of my stay with the Sachas.













BEACH ADVENTURES-I also got to hang out with my twin brother from another muther..Russ. We drove for like 12 hours one day cruising the Olympic Peninsula looking for secluded beaches, cool towns, and even hunting down Washingtons largest Spuce tree..At one point a corner store merchant tried to lure us to some hot springs, which made us raise some eyebrows..Weird yokels..I spent three days total with Russ. We went and saw Step Brother, tried not to get pooped on by low flying seagulls at CI Shenanigans while eating moderate to high priced sandwiches on the waterfront. On our third outting we went to Chuckanut in Bellingham for some fun with tide pools...I fell of course and got gross. We hiked..then got trapped at the top of a cliff..had to slide down it almost on my butt..then found ourselves on the other side of a chainlink fence. Finally, I can get arrested for trespassing! Nope..again not to be so..Fence hopping is always fun though. I found myself trapped on the top of the chainlink (damn short legs of mine), and needed to sit on Russes shoulders to get down..A little awkward, and sweaty. hehe.
















KARAOKE- For those of you who didnt come to karaoke you missed out! We had soooo much fun as usual. I attempted to sing White Rabbit for the first time, and actually did alright! I shocked myself. After that, whenever I stood up to sing, a gaggle of bruthas would chant my name as I approached the stage. When we all would stand to sing as a group, these dudes would grab their chairs and sit at the edge of the stage like they expected us to lap dance or something. Sara almost gave that to them..She had her own fanbase that night. haha. Upon leaving the stage, both Kasi and Shawna got kissed by some black chick uberfan. Amazing! Its nice to be appreciated by strangers. haha.




WEEK 2..HELL WEEK- This is where my story takes a different turn...I was asked to leave my sisters house mid week with my kids..so we had to bombard Sara again. Lots of Douchebaggery happened on the part of my bro in law, so staying with them was no longer an option . Then I was without internet for 4 days!! Freaking hell!!!. Saturday we loaded up the truck Jed Clampett style, and attempted to head back..2 hours down the road our fuel pump module broke leaving us stranded. Back to Kasis we headed...for three more days. Tuesday finally came and we got the heck outta dodge. Around 2am and only 6 hours from home, our wooden rails that were built to house my crap, broke and flew off, along with my favorite ottoman, a carseat, and whatever else was leaned up against it. thank heavens we were the only ones on the road. Im really sad over that ottoman....freaking loved that thing. *sigh.







I had quite the adventure..but 2 weeks was tooo long. Cant wait to revisit, but I think i'll be flying next time.

No comments: