
I just finished the first book of the Twilight saga, in three days. I couldnt put it down. Aside from the fact that it takes place in my home state (so I knew all the locations of which they spoke..My friend Scott enjoys hiking where these vampires supposedly hunt in this book, which I found amusing,) its a sappy, hypnotic, overendulgence that I could get used to. I highly recommend this book to anyone. I now must get the second one before I lose my connection with the characters. I feel silly being so far behind, considering they are already shooting the movie for this, but I digress....Im on the hunt for more, now! (no pun intended.) 4 stars from me!
2 comments:
Glad you liked it. I get a little nervous praising books. I worry that someone will read something because I said it was fabulous and then they'll hate it and think I have wretched taste in books.
It will be interesting to see how the movie turns out. I'm pretty critical of movies based on books - they never do the book justice.
I've never been much of a vampire fan...there's not much can be done in terms of originality...
I like the Blade movies because I'm a comic book geek...and Dracula because I'm a movie geek...
If you like vampire novels, though, I hear the Anita Blake novels by Laurell K. Hamilton are pretty good...but there's a whole bunch of those, so you'd have some catching up to do...
Glad you enjoyed the book though...
Post a Comment