
I had the rarity of spending New Years Eve by myself this year. Only 4 days ago, the bassist of Jasons band announced that he had a gig for them on that very night, and since we had no other major plans he agreed to go. I was a little sore over it, because there was such short notice, and it would be impossible for me to find a sitter on the most partying night of the year, (Jasons folks being sick that weekend..I didnt want to burden them.) Especially since another one of his gigs on short notice, kept him from attending an important out-of-town family weekend. I was left feeling bitter and not at all supportive. Before Jason left for his party, he made a stop at the store and bought me a gigantic box of Jr. Mints, buttered popcorn, and a 2 liter of pepsi. I thought his gesture sweet. But who was I going to ring in the new year with? Who was I going to kiss at the stroke of midnight? After I put the kids to bed, I snuggled in a warm blanket on the couch, opened my box of candy..and found a Fred and Ginger marathon on TCM. What was suppose to have been a lonesome night, turned into an entertaining evening of dancing and witty banter. It was actually quite pleasant and the quiet of the house was relaxing. It was one of the most enjoyable New Years i've had in a long time. I just feel badly that Jasons gig sucked that night, and he was sorry he left. Happy 2008 everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment