
Well Ive started on yet another silly story. I have a myspace account, and thoroughly enjoy posting little installment stories using my friends as characters. Its slapstick mostly, revolving around a ridiculous plot outline..It seems childish, I know this. I've just always enjoyed making people laugh and the challenge of incorporating everyones individual interests and quirks..then blowing them up into mass proportions. I had a blog called SuperGroup, where everyone had amazingly dumb and sometimes useless powers, all the while chasing foes with similarly dumb and useless powers. It was so much fun to write, but in the end it was a lot of work. Once I ended the story (115 pages later) I had immediate responses from people asking me to continue on, or do something new. One of these interested folks was Crystal Ord, who insisted I take on a Space adventure. It hadnt been done by me before, so I gladly accepted her challenge. I spent a week gathering up my characters and the eventual plot..then decided on which odd quirks and eccentricities I would like to use from each person in this particular story. I'm pleased to say that I am 4 episodes in to this one, and everyone is crazy about it. Im having a lot more fun with this then I originally thought I would (since sci-fi, fantasy are not something I do..) Its been really relaxing for me and I'm grateful for the opportunity Ive had to write it, and for the fans that support it. For any of you who wish to read my work, you can find it at: http://www.myspace.com/jerishank
No comments:
Post a Comment