
So im finally getting settled in here, despite the fact that I have a monster head cold right now (go figure i'd get a cold the minute i get to a sunny state.) My kids are FINALLY enrolled in school..a grueling process. Everything is so different here! For one thing, they have to have dental before they can go..What the freak?? I cant even remember the last time I had dental, and now as a single mom, like thats gunna happen?! I have no income, der. THEN I had to get them a TB test for part of their immunizations..something not required by Washington state...so there went more money. And the creme de la creme..YOU HAVE TO PAY TO RIDE THE BUS! Thats right folks. You have to apply then pay almost $200 per kid a year...Thats $400 for my kids to get on the big yellow bus WITHOUT seatbelts..My kids will be getting a ride from me, instead.
Its been an exhausting week...Now all I have to do is get my drivers license changed over and show one bill with my new address on it by march 31st or my kids get pulled back out of school.. Thats not to much to ask is it?? Geesh...I love it here, and if it werent for the palm trees and the fact that its a breezy 80 degrees right now, I would have begun to weep...again...I havent really had a moment to be sad about my situation, which I suppose is a good thing. Busy Busy Busy....
2 comments:
Oh the joys of public school!
I read your children's blogs. They are so darn cute - especially the posts about who they love. Your mom sounds so wonderful, letting your son come in her room so that you can sleep longer. My mom lives with us and she never does things like that!
Good luck with finding a job and getting everything taken care of! You can do it!
Um so yeah...I knew there was a reason I dont live in California. I understand gas is expensive. We have some of the highest prices here. But that is just ridiculous.
Post a Comment