Friday, February 1, 2008

ADDICTED!!


Since Jason chooses to take up his nights playing World of Warcraft, and there have been all reruns on tv (thanks to the writers strike), I have become heavily addicted to watching Turner Classic Movies! I have grown increasingly more into the 30's, 40's, and 50's by doing so..and love every minute of it! I find myself watching their manurisms, how they do their hair, makeup, and dress...I have to say that im fascinated by them, and bored to death of my own decade. Back then, people were chivalrous, there was no vulgarity, and everyone cared to look neat and tidy (never a hair out of place)..They respected their peers as well as the elders, and nothing was ever done without a tie! Their gowns were always gorgeous, and enunciations were just as important as wearing socks..Its an amazing time period, unlike the slovenly looks of today, (I being amongst the rather slovenly.) Granted the cigarettes were something I could do completely without..Otherwise it was a grand time to live in. In watching these movies, ive discovered some things clever..There is always heavy cigarrette smoke exchanges.. always getting close to a persons face to blow smoke! There is always stiff romantic movements with searing violin music dramatically playing in the background..and the movies always end at the most inopportune moments, leaving us with zero closure. I am now addicted. One of my favorite movies is called Four Daughters. I only caught the middle to end of it, but it had me mesmerized..I wish to death I could see it but its not on DVD! Grr! I also hear there is a sequel to it called Four Wives, which I am dying to see. Maybe some day that time will come..until then, I plan to set up camp in my living room and stalk Robert Osborne. :0P

No comments: