Friday, February 22, 2008

What a day I had!


Today I had the priviledge to attend Jasons great grandmothers funeral. She was born in 1908 and lived to 2008. Thats pretty wicked cool, if you ask me. I had never attended a Jehovas Witness funeral before. It was short, and all sermon..nothing was ever mentioned of that great womans life. She lived just shy of 100 years old and no stories or factoids were mentioned during the service. It was sort of impersonal. This is not meant as a rag or rant, but it just struck a chord with me. I cant imagine the things that lady must have seen or the things she must have done in her life time. Im in awe of it. I would have liked to have known her better, but I met her in a time when she was ailing and the only topic she was willing to share involved her medical reports. The reception afterward gave me more of a glimpse into her life with stories shared by her kids. I learned about how giving she was, and how caring. She had a perfect house in perfect order..like Martha Stewart. You never know what you'll learn about someone.. For another instance, today I found out that Jason, when drinking beer and handed a wheel chair, (even after a funeral,) will resort to behaving like a 15 year old again, finding the nearest hill to ride down.


I also learned that Jasons grandpa Terry has a humongous garage full of the coolest restored vintage cars, I have ever seen. It took my breath away. I've never been so impressed at a persons accomplishments...Only because I'm a car enthusiast. (I dont know much about cars, but I still have a soft spot for them in my heart.) Here are just a few that were kept on display. All this time I had no idea what was in that garage..Its amazing what you learn about people, indeed. Today was a great day to learn about family. I had a great time, despite the circumstances, and it was wonderful to celebrate life.








My favorite..

The first car Jason ever drove..

Cars waiting to be restored..

Side note: I see these cars being in our next "vintage" photoshoot..wink wink.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I can only hope I live to 99. Carls great great aunt was 96 when she died and that was amazing to me. I loved listening to her stories. I was lucky to have got to know her.

And wow, very cool cars.