
Today I decided to actually do my hair and put on make-up..I was feeling in a "pretty mood." Eric stayed home from school today because he was "not feeling well", so I warned him that sick boys stay inbed ALL DAY, and dont get up to play. He said he understood so I let him stay home. As I was in the bathroom curling my hair and putting on as much make-up as possible (I never usually wear any,) I notice its awful quiet. I thought maybe Eric was napping and Skylar was watching cartoons. I could not have been more wrong. Hiding on the other side of their bunk beds very stealthy-like, were my oldest and youngest...playing with my husbands never before opened Star Wars collection. Boxes and plastic were strewn all over the place, while they played violently with his collectibles from childhood. Some of these things were vintage. I could feel my heart beat faster, and my pulse quicken. This is why mothers arent allowed to look pretty. Theres no time!! One eye off the kids for 20 measley minutes and look what happens. How does one break the news to her husband? I feel slightly ill......
No comments:
Post a Comment