Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Simply amazing!


Last night I went over to Sara's to redye my hair, but never made it that far, thanks to being introduced to the best game i've played in years..Milton Bradleys 1960's PARK AND SHOP. As we sat around eating half priced boxes of valentines chocolates, we laughed till our guts hurt at the silliness of the cards. Its a game where you have a random list of errands to run..you put them in the order that you think will get you in and out of the shopping area the quickest. Once you decide on this, then you roll the dice to see where your "home" is...It could end up being far away from where you need to start, according to your errand list, or if you are the highest roller, you could have the first pick. Next you have to roll the dice and move your car to the nearest parking lot, drop off your car, then walk your little man around to complete the errands. Be careful tho, if you land on a gray square, you have to draw a card that could read "you meet up with an old pal and decide to bowl a few frames" and the bowling alley could be across the board away from your errand list...Or you could get a card that reads "stuck behind a woman driver, lose a turn!"..Keep inmind this game was done in the early 60's. The cards are hilariously unPC, thanks to the time period, which makes for some fun laughs. Plus the store names are pretty different then what we have today..Like the Haberdasher, and Tots Togglery. We played this game for hours. Sara was lucky she found the game, because its not one found in stores. I wish I could locate one for myself, but at least I can go to her place if need be. I must play it again!

No comments: